We played The Very Hungry Caterpillar game, but I think I made up some new rules. Jack wanted his caterpillar to eat all the cake first.
He made a drawing with a yellow crayon on green paper. He said it was a bug on a leaf.
He spent some time playing with those plastic beads that you put on a pegboard, then iron so they stick together.... what in the world are those things called? He doesn't get the point, but he had fun playing with them. I think maybe I'll demonstrate the principle once, so he can get the idea. Once he's seen it done, he can better decide whether he wants to complete and iron them, or dump them out and play with them.
He enjoyed playing with the Poingo reading pen thing he got for his birthday. I'm not too sure about it as reading, but it sure is a fun way to play with headphones! He kept tapping the picture in the Cars book that made a crashing sound over and over and over and over...
I discovered he had drawn all over the dresser with a sharpie. And the hardwood floor. And the box spring - he must have lifted up the mattress to do it. Why do we still have sharpie markers, anyway?
In the afternoons, he's been playing "blimp" in his room. He has a computer keyboard set up, and two pencils for levers. He wants me to ride in the blimp, but I have to fasten my seatbelt and put David in a safety seat. Then we go into space to fight the bad aliens on the moon.
Today, he read along with me for "Green Eggs and Ham."
This morning was gymnastics. I particularly enjoyed watching him doing the final circuit... Jump from dot to dot, climb up on the box, swing across the gap on a rope, roll down the slope, jump in the pit, climb out, scale the ladder, and start over. I have to remember to take the little camera next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment