Monday, November 10, 2008

Legacy Legos

Jack's been spending the bulk of his time in playing with Legos. Over the weekend, John raided a closet at his mom's house, and we came home with a giant bin of blocks from the late '70s. I swear there's a Millenium Falcon in there somewhere, waiting to be assembled.

Jack likes to make big stacks of blocks, especially ones that are the same size. He calls them "upstairs upstairs" buildings.

This prompted John to dig out three Bionicle sets he had secreted away upstairs. This is Jack's new passion -- building robots.

Other activities: jumping in leaf piles, pretending to write (a birthday card for Ryan, an inscription on a picture for Daddy), making lines of objects (a.k.a. "a machine"), and playing with an absurdly loud monster truck toy.

He's been choosing scary books lately. We read a really cute one today about a witch with 41 cats, but they aren't all cute. In fact, we picked up an eerie one by M. Night Shyamalan. A beautiful book, but I think we'll save it for another year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we were walking around the office store the other night, we came across some columnar balance sheet paper, which I personally love to sketch on. I asked Jack what we could draw on that kind of paper, to which he replied "Some kind of scary, scary thing." He was most interested, of course, in trying out office chairs. He likes the ones that spin. ;)