On Saturday, Jack went to music. I asked him what he enjoyed from class, and he said they did "du-de-du" and "du--du." Eighth-eighth-quarter and quarter-quarter. That's nice! He says he can draw them.
Saturday afternoon, we went to M.'s birthday. Very fun, with a bouncy house and pizza. Later, we had dinner with Nee-Nee. Things did not go according to plan, but it worked out. On Sunday morning, we had a special breakfast at Panera, then went on to church. It ended up being a lazy day, dreary and cold.
Monday was library story time. Jack and E. played computer games instead. At some point in the last month, he has come to understand that if you follow the directions, you can win the game and progress to the next level.
After the library, we were invited to join in a playdate with E. and one of his friends. It was probably not a good day to go to a new friend's house. He played well with the other boys, but there were several meltdowns surrounding lunch. One of the funnier moments was when he refused to eat his cupcake while sitting in the chair that had previously been used by E. E. had moved into his chair to be closer to his cousin, and Jack couldn't let it go. I have to admit I was embarrassed. Come to think of it, though, he was able to calm himself down when it was time to go home. I guess that's a step forward.
The last few days have been that much tougher because I have caught Jack's cold. Tomorrow's another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment