Kite flying in the park was the highlight of yesterday's fun. E joined us. There were negotiations, as E did not have a kite of his own, but he did have an extra juice box.
There was also drama: while I was sitting down nursing David, Jack let go of the kite string and it took off. We could see it tethered high above the houses across the street, but we couldn't find where it was stuck. Jack first suggested that we could get it, if only we would follow his directions. He was genuinely frustrated with me that I was unwilling to procure either a hot air balloon, or a trained bird. When I pointed out that we don't have a trained bird, he said "yeah, they scratch." As if that was the dealbreaker.
This story has a happy ending, because the kite fell down to earth a few minutes later. We saw it lying on the ground as we drove by, and Daddy hopped out of the car and saved it. Now we just need to replace the string.
While the kite was stuck, we talked about making kites of our own. I still think that would be fun. I need to look into that. Maybe we'll have nice weather on Monday when E and his cousins are out of school and the library is closed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kitemaking on Lifehacker
aerial kite photography
kite howtos on delicious
Post a Comment