Sometimes you just need a day to stay home, and that's just what we did today. Of course, the less structure I have in the day, the less I seem to get accomplished.
If the battery in the camera had not let me down, I would have adorable pictures of the boys in the wagon. After we went around the block, Jack played in the dirt for a while. "It's not dirt, Mommy, it's mulch." Yes it was.
Inspired by the homeschooling message board, I read aloud a couple more chapters of Beverly Cleary's The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I would never have thought of reading such a big book to him, but he is really enjoying it. A few weeks ago, I tried The Little Prince, but it was a bit too metaphysical. Right now, a more realistic story is a better fit. I just called The Mouse and the Motorcycle a realistic story.
Jack got a new High Five in the mail, so we went through that. He is getting really good at the hidden pictures. This issue had a page of story starters, and Jack made up a story about a teddy bear and a robot. It went something like this...
"There was a giant bear walking through the city. Rrrrrrraaaahrrr! The giant robot was stomping through the city. Boom -- boom -- boom! They were going for a walk in the woods."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment