I think I mentioned the Poingo before. It's an electronic pen-type scanner, a toy really, that comes with Disney-branded edu-tainment books. Jack always enjoys playing with it, using the Cars book to learn new vocabulary ("Find the 'spoiler'! That's right! Good job!!") Harmless fun. Interestingly, there's a page with a map of Route 66, and wherever he points on the map, the toy says the name of the state. So now he can find New Jersey and Pennsylvania on a map of the US. He has also found other state names that he likes to say.... "Nevaaaaada.... Nevaaaada..... Nevaaaada..."
Another little breakthrough last night. A few months ago, we started playing with the Kumon Tracing workbook. He didn't really get the point of tracing, wanting instead to draw straight from the start to the finish. Recently he's been enjoying simple mazes from his coloring books, so I got the Kumon book out, and now he's loving it. I think this goes hand-in-hand with his sudden spurt of drawing figures and letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment